Yogin's Quest

May all beings have happiness and its causes. May all beings be spared suffering and its causes. May all beings abide in the state of joy that knows no sorrow. May all beings trascend attachment to friends and aversion to enemies. And live beleiving in the equality of all that lives.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Well life continues as normal, studying, doing my Buddhist practices, In a way there is never enough time to do all the things that I one would like to do, so you can make your life as busy as you want, here just like anywhere else, the difference is that here you are trying to get rid of the negative/afflicting emotions that affect your life creating an illusory life and also by volunteering you help sentient beings as there is so much need around here, every day refugees from Tibet continue to arrive here from all areas of Tibet trying to escape the Chinese oppression, and they are in much need of everything even the most basic human needs.
In my philosophy courses there are Buddhist students from all over the world so it is neat to listen in the breaks so many languages spoken around me, it is also nice to see that Buddhism is so well accepted all over the world as the people realized that Buddhism, offers so much to us as a human beings not as a religion but just as a life philosophy to become a better human being.
In my Tibetan languages class are mostly Indian people, 3 or 4 from Singapore and Korea a German lady and me, Tibetan language is very hard as it is completely different than any languages that I destroy (sorry speak), but lets see how much I learn, my goal as requested by my Lama is not to learn it to be fluent, but to learn Some and used to read and better understanding of my Buddhist teachings.


Very popular the Mela festival


The monsoon is still upon us, for the last 2 days there has been the Mela festival,full of more food and items to shop than normal, its supposed to announce the end of the monsoon but I believe since the festival started there has been more rain than before, I have never seen so much rain in so little time before, in way it’s a blessing as it cleans the streets of all the cows droppings that the leave as They move from place to place.


Even the nuns have to do some shopping


Festival was very well attended


But you can smeel winter in the air, its starting to get cold in the mornings, soon I expect to see the Himalayas white and as magnificent as we see them in pictures or in our imagination
I hope that you like the pics that I have been posted, now that I know how I will be posting sometimes just pictures, with no text as I imagine you may get bored with story telling, my goal is to mostly take pictures of daily life, not the worst or the best here, but real life and hopefully some funny pics of different things that we are used to see in the west.


Even a pale face got into the Mela market, can you find him? LOL